As a follow up to my last post, I would like to just make a retraction. Ibuprofen (as I found out the very very hard way) is toxic to dogs. Little Miss Sassy was up puking for hours and hours that night- it was absolutely awful. We learned that evening, dogs don’t metabolize ibuprofen the same way humans do, and will cause GI upset (Boy, did it ever!!). Poor Sassy had the worst day on Monday, thanks to her parents; Chris stepped on her and broke her foot, and I fed her toxic drugs. Boy, do we feel like the two WORST dog parents ever! Thankfully, she’s made it through the whole experience emotionally unscathed, apparently.
Still, I feel just awful. After relating the story to my mom, she said, “Welcome to parenthood.” Um, I have a lot to learn. And in case you’re wondering, no we’re not planning to have kids anytime soon. Give us a couple of years 😉
Buddy has been so sweet with Sassy about her broken foot. She’s got her cast, and Buddy licks her cast sometimes, and checks on her frequently, and doesn’t let her out of his sight. It’s been so interesting to watch how he reacts! Yesterday, Sassy’s first full day with the cast, she couldn’t leave it alone & tried to pull it off of her foot. So we had to get her one of those plastic cone collars so she couldn’t lick her foot, and Buddy sniffed the collar and peed right on it!!! When Chris told me that, I was sitting in one of the ICUs at work, and I literally laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair. Of course, no one else around me knew what I was laughing about, so I imagine I looked certifiable.